Distinguished Choral Conductor and Concert Organist, Martin Baker is Master of Music at Westminster Cathedral in London UK where he directs the Cathedral’s world-famous choir of men and boys and leads the music program there. As an organ soloist he won first prize in the Improvisation Competition at the St Albans International Organ Festival in 1997, and he performs solo recitals regularly throughout the UK as well as in Europe, the USA, and Russia. He is known particularly for his skill in organ improvisation.
Mr. Baker will captivate the audience on the four-manual 137-rank Casavant Frères organ at Calvary Episcopal Church.
Presented in cooperation with Calvary Episcopal Church.
General admission $12.
Student free with valid ID.
Calvary Episcopal Church
315 Shady Ave
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260
arr. Wilhelm Middelschulte
- "...'Hallelujah' has been restored..."
- "Silence may be kept."
- "...and thanksgivings may follow."
- "The Peace may be exchanged."
- "The people respond - Amen!"
- Il vecchio castello
- Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks
- Samuel Goldenberg und Schmuÿle
- Catacombæ (Sepulcrum romanum)
- Con mortuis in lingua mortua
- The Bogatyr Gate at Kiev
arr. Martin Baker